Dermal Filler and Injectables Pre-Treatment Checklist
Injectable dermal fillers can be used to enhance facial structures, such as cheeks or lips, to give a fuller, more youthful appearance. Located in Carmel and Greenwood, Hamilton Facial Plastic Surgery, led by double board-certified facial plastic surgeon Mark M. Hamilton, M.D., F.A.C.S., offers dermal fillers and injectables to men and women who live in and around Indianapolis, Indiana.
Soft tissue augmentation (placement of dermal filler) is an elective procedure and may not be safe for all patients who are seeking this treatment. It is important that we avoid and/or take full consideration of treating patients who have pre-existing conditions, which may cause early or late complications.
Please notify your provider if you have a history of any condition or medication use listed below:
- Multiple or severe allergies or a history of anaphylaxis, allergy to lidocaine.
- An active infection of the ear, nose, throat, dental abscess, periodontitis, gastroenteritis, or a urinary bladder infection.
- A recent dental procedure including cleaning, and bleaching (last 2-4 weeks).
- Recent immunizations/vaccinations (last 2 weeks).
- A recent history of Influenza, Covid-19 or other viral infection.
- Have taken aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Naproxen), salmon oil, vitamin E, gingko biloba, ginger and garlic within past 1 week.
- History of Coumadin, Rivaroxaban, Apixaban, Pradaxa, Plavix, Heparin Edoxaba, or any other blood thinning agent. You will need to consult with your prescribing physician to stop these products 1 week prior to injection.
- It is recommended that alcohol/red wine and dark chocolate are avoided at least 24 hours prior to treatment. Please notify the provider if you have had either in the last 24 hours.
- Recent use of Retin-A.
- A history of facial implant surgery.
- A diagnosis of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
- Thin facial skin or skin atrophy.
- Recent or a history of corticosteroid use on the face.
- An active Infection on skin such as: Impetigo, herpes simplex, ACTIVE acne, facial warts, allergic contact dermatitis, sensitive skin syndrome, seborrheic dermatitis, active lichen planus, active acne rosacea outbreak, scleroderma, pyoderma, or psoriasis.
- A history of diagnosis of mixed connective tissue disease such as: Morphea, systemic lupus, marfans syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, or stabilized morphea.
- A history of being immunocompromised, such as having a near or far diagnosis of Graft versus host disease, bullous diseases, transplant of the heart, kidney, liver, or bone marrow. Currently taking Immunosuppressive drugs.
- A history of lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, or dermatomyositis/polymyositis.
- A history of thyroid disease or active Hashimoto’s disease.
- A history of diabetes or porphyria.
- A history of melasma or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- A history of Vitiligo and or albinism.
- A history of Tuberculosis or HIV.
- A diagnosis of Hemophilia, hemoglobin disease, or thalassemia.
- Botox injection less than 2 weeks ago.
You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
The staff at Hamilton Facial Plastic Surgery, located in Carmel and Greenwood, is only a phone call away to help all residents of the Indianapolis area with some of the most advanced cosmetic treatments in the world. Contact us today!