Daxxify® in Indianapolis, Indiana
Daxxify is the newest FDA approved neurotoxin for treatment of lines of the glabellar rhytids, also known as frown lines. Daxxify, also called ‘Daxi’, is manufactured by Revance, a biotechnology company based out of Nashville, Tennessee. This product is an exciting step in the cosmetic injectable industry. Better absorption along with a possibility of longer duration are some of the high points that make this product an exciting option.
What is Daxxify?
Daxxify is a peptide powered injectable cosmetic neurotoxin, DaxibotulinumtoxicA. The on-label approval is for glabella lines, but has many off-label uses as well. It is commonly used to treat fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead and eyes, and can be used on the lower face as well. Patients are getting longer lasting results, some up to 6 months or more. This is a promising possibility, which would allow patients to be treated 2-3 a year instead of 3-4 times a year as with other neurotoxins.
Benefits of Daxxify
Daxxify has the capability to help relax fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a fresh face and younger appearance. This neurotoxin assists with smoothing the skin and slowing the normal progression of aging. The exciting benefit of Daxi is the longer projected results. Results are said to last an average of 6 months. This means only two treatments, instead of three or four that would be needed with Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin.
The Daxxify Procedure
Starting with an initial consultation with one of our advanced nurse injectors, you will discuss your goals and expectations. If it is concluded that you are a good candidate for Daxxify, usually treatment can begin at the same visit. Injectors will examine the patient’s face and determine how much product will be needed to achieve the desired results. The treatment is similar to other neurotoxins. It is quick, has minimal discomfort, and zero down time.
While there are very few side effects to receiving Daxxify, common ones are temporary bruising at the injection sites, headache, inflammation, tenderness. These side effects typically resolve within 1-2 days. Serious complications are rare, but a very small amount of patients have had allergic reactions, nerve damage, and eyelid drooping.
The dosing for Daxxify is different than Botox or Dysport. This difference is due to the amount of active ingredients in Daxxify. The active ingredients are measured in nanograms. Daxxify has 0.18 nanograms in 40 units. In comparison, Botox has 0.18 nanograms in 20 units.
Daxxify has been said to ‘kick in’ quicker than other neurotoxins, with some patients noticing results within the first two days. The full onset of Daxi is at 2 weeks.
Where Can Daxxify Be Used?
- Frown Lines or 11 Lines
- Forehead Lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Masseters (Jaw Clenching)
- Gummy Smile
- Lip or Smoker’s Lines
- Marionette Lines
- Bunny Lines
- Chin Dimples
Daxxify Procedure Preparation
It’s essential that you notify our advanced injectors if you’ve received other kinds of injections in the three months prior to your appointment. You should also avoid using medicines, such as aspirin, ibuprofen and other drugs that thin the blood prior to your treatment as these may increase bleeding and bruising risks. Furthermore, be sure to tell our advanced injectors if you’re taking any allergy drugs, muscle relaxers or sleep aids.
There is no down time after receiving Daxi. After the procedure is over, avoid rubbing your face harshly and do not engage in vigorous exercise. You’ll still be able to smile or frown. Using a cold compress on the treatment areas and taking a pain reliever can help control any post-treatment discomfort you may experience. You should also avoid sleeping on your stomach, sides or any other position that might expose your face to prolonged pressure.
After Your Daxxify Treatment
- Exaggerate facial expressions in injected areas for 1 hour after injection
- Do not wear a headband or hat where the band goes across your forehead if you have had injections between the brows or in the forehead
- Refrain from aerobic exercise that increases your heart rate greatly (running, swimming, bicycling, etc.) for 24 hours following injections. Walking or other low impact forms of exercise are fine.
- Do not massage or manipulate injected areas for 24 hours after injections. Washing your face and applying make-up is fine. Please avoid using a Clarisonic facial cleanser, have a facial, put your face in a massage cradle, or be face down in a chiropractor’s chair for 24 hours following the injection.
- Refrain from using ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil supplements, or vitamin E for 24 hours following injection
- If bruising appears, apply ice to area for 15 minutes every hour to decrease bruising
- The most common side effect is headache with neurotoxin injections. You may use Tylenol to relieve this. If you are a chronic headache sufferer and have prescription headache medication, you may take it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Neurotoxins generally will gradually take effect over 7-10 days with optimum result at 2 weeks. If this is your first neurotoxin injection, we recommend scheduling a follow up appointment 2 weeks after your injection.
Cost of Daxxify
The cost of Daxxify will vary patient to patient. Call and make an appointment for a consultation today!
f you are a resident of Indianapolis or the surrounding area, you could diminish fine lines and wrinkles with Daxxify. Contact Hamilton Facial Plastic Surgery for a consultation at either our Carmel or Greenwood office